Wednesday 1 June 2005

Clogging and the Thought Process

Ever had a sinus infection so bad you realised later that your thoughts were not as coherent as you might have wished? When you needed your thoughts, your timing and balance were off?

That’s been my asymmetrical state of affairs for the past week. Last Wednesday, I went to take Snikkerz for her much needed grooming. The dear lady who lovingly grooms Snik was going through a tough time herself. So while she took care of Snikkerz, I had enough time, just, to go get her some flowers. I also wanted to make sure I had the correct amount of change to pay her. So I applied my fuzzy maths at the cash machine in our village square. By the time I went to get Snikkerz, I was armed with compassion and ready to pay £15.00. I wanted to add £1 for a little extra.

With two notes and a one-pound coin clutched in the palm of my hand, I gave the flower arrangements to the sweet lady, and collected Snikkerz. Once Snikkerz was settled in the car, I began to start the engines when I noticed that I was not only gripping the steering wheel, but the money still owed! So I got out of the car and sheepishly rang the groomer’s doorbell. She opened it before a sound could ring out, and laughed at my scatterbrained self. I gave her the money and made my weaving retreat back to the car. By now, my clogged head and dizzy body needed to hit the pillow, things were so foggy!

Three days later, I looked in my wallet only to discover with embarrased dismay that a £10-pound note was still present. Ms Groomer only got two fivers!

Too dizzy to take care of it immediately. The bank holiday is now over and the £10 is on its way.

THE PROMS! Just as my clogged mind views a clearing, more clogging appears in the distance. I requested tickets online today for this season’s musical offerings. After choosing several delectable concerts, I entered the requisite information, then clicked the ‘send’ button to pay for the glorious sounds.

As this was my first Proms ticket request, I called the Royal Albert Hall booking office to have any fears allayed by the ticket rep. A woman with a caring voice confirmed (boy, am I easily conned!) that my request had been received. It was ‘second in line to being processed’. Small comfort. This meant only that once the other 11,000+ requests pouring in before I rang had been filled, mine would be in fine standing. IF there are any seats left for the concerts I ‘booked’, the RAH ticket agent will ring and let me know which concerts I got lucky with. As they state online: ‘Applications will be processed from Monday 16 May and tickets will be allocated subject to availability.’

That’s a lot of people going to The Proms, and it’s not even 13 June, when the telephone booking officially opens. But, I did it during the ‘unofficial’ early period, and according to RAH booking: ‘This booking period represents the best chance of getting the seats you want.’

With over 11,000 applicants before the official booking opens, that’s a lot of cloggers on the promenade deck!

My timing and balance might still be off …

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

Sorry to hear about the sinus fuzzys. I understand. But I have a question: What is The Proms? It sounds like maybe a series of summer concerts?

Hope you are feeling better.
ML

01 June, 2005 14:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page